Application Feature List
- Secure online applications
- Single sign-on parent account to manage multiple child accounts
- Simple multi-step application process
- Save and exit at any step and return later to complete application
- Customize application process, including steps, sequence and forms
- Apply to multiple programs for each child
- Rank multiple program applications for each child
- Sibling and twin pairing
- Feeder school priority
- Online signatures
- Parent dashboard tracks progress of all student applications
- Parent dashboard notifications
- Reminder alerts for incomplete applications
- Application status change alerts
- Program selection notice
- Program wait list notice
- Accept or decline placement directly from dashboard after lottery selection
- Translation options for applicants
- Auto-fill application data for existing students via SIS integration (Pro Feature)
- Submit applications from mobile devices (Pro Feature)
- Request/Submit letters of recommendation directly from application (Pro Feature)
- Schedule appointments (auditions, interviews, testing, etc) directly from application (Pro Feature)
- Accept application fees directly from application (Pro Feature)
Simple Online Application Experience
The Application component features a multi-step application, which is accessible through a web-based user portal. Applicants utilize a single sign-on account to submit multiple applications for one or more children within a household in an easy and efficient process.
This application collects basic information, including student information, household and guardian information as well as program-specific required information. Applications can also collect unique program assets, such as essays, tests, portfolios, preference rankings and more.
Advanced Application Settings
The Smart Choice™ platform is configured to serve the needs of each school or school system. Applications collect specific information required by the district and/or program based on each’s unique specifications and requirements. That means the platform can be customized to fit just about any need.
Once applications are submitted, applicants are able to manage all applications from a web-based dashboard. This makes the process of submitting additional applications and ranking applications by preference quick and easy for each student.
The dashboard allows parents to monitor the status of any submitted applications, as well as view important updates or notes from administrators about their applications.
If an application is accepted, parents have the option to accept or decline the child’s seat. If an application is not accepted, parents have access to a real-time wait list, which provides a rank for each student not placed within the program.
Selection Criteria Options
The application also provides for an extensive range of selection criteria options, including sibling and twin pairings and feeder school priorities, for example.