Lottery Feature List
- One-click lottery
- Secure, password protected system
- Random algorithm ensures fair placement of applicants
- Custom settings to meet district or school selection criteria/policies
- Supports sibling and twin pairings
- Supports pathways and priorities
- Cutoff numbers managed for each program and each grade, for generating accepted and waiting lists
- Run lottery on one or multiple programs at once, as well as specific grades
- Support for multiple pools, with ability to merge/append new lottery results to previous lottery results
- Lottery test mode allows test lottery runs
- Lottery audit report records and logs all test and official lottery runs
- Email parent notification of lottery placement
- Option to turn on/off lottery notifications
- Wait list management tools
- Export lottery and wait lists for use in external programs
- Print notification letters and mailing labels in bulk (Pro Feature)
- Mobile access to lottery results (Pro Feature)
Selection Criteria Configuration
The Smart Choice Lottery™ component is configured to select students based on your school or district’s selection criteria making sure that each lottery is fair, efficient and tailored to your needs.
Each lottery run generates lists of randomly selected students based on the programs’ specific selection criteria, twin and sibling pairings and other school district specific selection criteria. It also generates waiting lists for each group, class and program.
Using the parent notification component, status updates can be made in real time, ensuring all parents are notified of their student’s placement or wait list rank and status with just one click.
Powerful Dashboard Features
The system allows for selected applicants to log into their dashboards where they can accept or decline their seats. Once a parent accepts a seat, the student’s placement is locked-in and notated in the administrator’s running list for reference.
If a parent declines a seat, the student’s name is removed from the selection list and the next student on the wait list is assigned the seat and notified of their placement via e-mail.
Easy List Management
This process creates an easy to manage centralized and real-time wait list, a powerful feature set that eliminates errors and the need to managing multiple documents.
Reports are also available within the lottery component designed to protect the integrity of the lottery selection process. Useful for auditing purposes, these reports log and track all test and official lotteries run by date, time and user.