Program and Application Management Tools
Review and Manage Applications
The applications management and administration area provides a portal for district staff to review, manage and track submitted applications.
Applications can be sorted and filtered by a number of different data points making it easy to find the application(s) in question. Applications can be manually added by administrators through an easy to use interface that makes manual data entry for digital conversion of paper applications simple and effective. The Smart Choice platform was created in a way that allows for thousands of student applications to be submitted and stored with virtually no limitations to the amount of data that can be housed within the system.
Applications can be sorted, reviewed and updated in bulk. These same management tools can be used to create and save custom reports as needed.
This component features a multi-level user management module allowing super administrators to create administrative users and restrict their access to certain applications and actions depending on their role within the district.
These user management controls are very granular and can fit every organizational and administrative policy structure.
Manage Application Forms and Processes
The Form Builder allows administrators to completely customize the steps of their applications, as well as individual fields of forms. This makes the Form Builder a simple, yet effective way to create applications to fit the needs of your school or district.
By using the application Form Builder, applications can be customized by district, school and even individual programs. Each step of the application process can be created by your team with the Smart Choice Form Builder, and changes to the application can be made just as easily.
Create and Manage Programs
Administrators can easily add new programs to the system, as well as edit existing programs, through a simple to user interface.
Managing grade levels that are accepting applications, turning on optional steps of the application as well as including program specific guidelines for user review, are all easy to accomplish within the Administrative component.
Settings, like open and close dates of applications periods, email notifications and acceptance options are also easily managed, specific to each program.Request a Demo Today
- Manage admin users roles and permissions for levels of access
- Ability to login as a parent for troubleshooting
- Simple application review and editing of student applications
- Query and sort applications by multiple application criteria and status
- Color-coded application listings for quick and easy status identification
- Manage application requirements
- Manage lottery priorities
- Send email alerts and notifications to one or thousands of parents
- Manually add applications as admin
- Application Open/Close date management
- Manage application language options
- Change History feature tracks all changes to applications
- Flagging features highlight applications that require admin review
- Export application data
- Email & parent inbox tracking, including bounce-back reporting
- Demographic reports
- Applicant mapping features
- Add programs, program settings and system settings
- Administrative and parent user login reports
- Archive applications after each school year
- Retain access to data for previous years
- Bulk Printing/Downloading options for applications & documents
- Print letters and mailing labels in bulk (Pro Feature)
- Schedule appointments; auditions, interviews, testing, etc (Pro Feature)
- Review & manage submitted recommendations (Pro Feature)
The Smart Choice System has allowed us to fine tune how we handle our lottery process and how we get our message across to parents and community members.Randall Domingue, Marketing & Recruitment Coordinator, Lafayette Parish Schools of Choice
Not only has the Smart Choice system improved the user experience for our application and lottery process, it has created a new system of accountability and control for our district choice process.Enid Rey, Director of School Choice, Hartford Public Schools
The excellent customer service provided by the Smart Choice team has been the best we have ever received. The staff was so responsive to our districts needs...This application and lottery management system has truly been the “Smart Choice” for Durham Public Schools.Donna Hudson, Director of Student Assignment, Durham Public Schools
Smart Choice Technologies has been all that Glendale Unified School District (GUSD) could have hoped for in an online application management and lottery system and more! What makes Smart Choice Technologies stand out...Sherry Kully, Elementary Magnet Schools Coordinator, Glendale Unified School District
Smart Choices’ customer services and system tailoring have proven to be very helpful, quick and precise in meeting needs for the first year rollout. We look forward to a long relationship with Smart Choice.Lou Kruger, Executive Director, St. Louis Public School Magnet and Choice School Placement